6 Jul 2015

Saving with a mulching blade

My college days started and ended with a summer semester.  I took a full 2 year program in 16 consecutive months.  By the time the last semester came around, I was looking for any break I could get and I found one with cutting the lawn.

It takes close to an hour to cut my lawn and is a workout all on its own.  In the spring, I usually had to cut the lawn every 4 days and later in the season I could leave it for up to 7 days depending on how much rain we had.  If I left it longer, there would be clumps of grass left behind that would have to be raked or the grass would die underneath.
mulching blade, mowing the lawn, grass, tj's green adventure
For some reason, when we bought our lawnmower I thought it had a mulching blade, but it turns out that it did not.  So, I went to Canadian Tire and bought one for $20.99 plus tax.  That was in the spring of 2013 and I'm so glad I did.  This season I have been cutting every 8 to 10 days and we have had our share of rain.  I am saving time by not mowing as often and can use that time for something else instead (like getting caught up on yard work).  Mowing less often means using less gasoline and creating less air pollution which is better for the environment and I am saving money by using less gasoline.

Green Highlights:
  • using less gasoline
  • creating less air pollution
  • saving money      
Do you have a mulching blade on your lawn mower? 

-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment