31 Dec 2015

It's not garbage yet

I have an aversion to throwing things out that are not garbage.  Why fill up the landfill with stuff that someone else can use?  Instead of throwing it in the garbage, why not see if there is someone that would want it.  
bubble wrap, insulation, packaging supplies, tj's green adventure
(source)
I had a large bag full of bubble wrap so I posted it on Kijiji to give away for free.  In no time 3 people had responded to the ad.  I wanted it give it to someone that would put it to good use and not use it just to pop the bubbles.  I figured someone would want it for packing, but this person wanted it for insulating windows.
bubble wrap, window insulation, tj's green adventure
(source)
I googled bubble wrap for a picture to use in this post and to my surprise using it for window insulation came up.  The person I gave the bubble wrap to says he puts it between the windows or you can click on the source link above, to find out how to apply the bubble wrap directly to the window.   

The next time you have something you no longer want or need, try posting it on Kijiji and see if someone else can make use of it.

Green Highlights:
  • giving something away instead of throwing it out
  • another use for bubble wrap
  • reducing energy use
Do you have something you can give away instead of throwing it in the garbage?
-TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment